RFID ("Radio Frequency IDentification") is the next evolution in physical asset tracking.
If you are currently using
or need to keep track of more than 1000 different items, you should consider using RFID.
Major advantages of using RFID instead of barcodes include:
• No line-of-sight required to identify assets
• Multiple images can be identified concurrently (500+ per minute!)
• Automation becomes much easier
• Tags can carry minimal information (for security purposes) ... or ...
• Additional information can be carried in the tag (in a separate read/write area)
• Tags never "wear off" or get dirty/smudged
• Tags can be read THROUGH exterior packaging (such as cardboard cartons)
• Tags are designed on a per unit basis, like serial numbers
• Tags with *NO* batteries can be read up to 5 meters (15 feet)
• Tags with tiny batteries can be read up to 30 meters (60 feet)
• Tags are available in different formats, sizes, and with adhesive backing
RFID INTEGRATION involves a careful analysis of the objects being tracked, the best way to tag and read them, and the API required for integration into existing databases and applications.
At DEXAGON, we understand RFID. We have years of experience writing the
that will allow your business to upgrade to RFID tagging while maintaining your existing inventory and/or tracking software. We understand how databases need to be modified to include RFID tags and the associated product information.
Call our office to discuss your warehousing and inventory needs.